Welcome to the Educators Training Module
Welcome to the Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training - California. This program is self-paced and will provide an overview of the significant definitions, requirements and protections of the California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA). You will learn:
- What the law requires of you as a mandated reporter
- How to spot indicators of possible child abuse or neglect
- How to talk to children about suspected abuse
- How to make a report
- What happens after a report is filed
- Special issues related to child abuse reporting in the school environment
At the conclusion of the training you will take a final exam which will test the information that you have learned during the training. NOTE: If you are taking this training as part of a large group, each individual must take and pass the final test separately. Upon scoring an 80% or higher you will be able to print your certificate and will be emailed a proof of your completion of this training. This is a stand alone training that does not require the General Training to be taken first.
Training Instructions - There are many interactive pieces to this website, anytime you see an item
and hyperlinked you can hover over it or click on it to interact with it.
Make sure your Pop-up blocker is disabled as well for the training website.